Tuesday 10 June 2014

Book Review: One Million Lovely Letters By Jodi Ann Bickley.


"We are all extraordinary.
We are capable  of extraordinary and remarkable things,
we can all make a difference."

This is actually my first book review and I couldn't wait to tell you about this amazing book. I actually cried a few times reading it as I felt I could relate to many of the things the author went through. I found out about One Million Lovely Letters through Carrie Hope Fletcher on Twitter. I could not recommend this book highly enough. If you're looking for something new to read, then this is it.

It even came with a recommendation from Ed Sheeran, one of my favourite artists!

The story is about a young woman, aged only 22, called Jodi Ann Bickley who contracted a serious brain infection from a tick bite from a festival (Camp Bestival) in summer 2011 in which she had been performing at. It would change her life forever and turn her world upside down. She endured a mini stroke and had to essentially learn how to walk and write again which was only just the beginning of the battle. Throughout the book, Jodi tells us about the following months that she and her loved ones struggled with. Some days led to Jodi feeling whether she could carry on like this or not, leaving her with two choices: either to give up after everything or do something meaningful with her time she has been given. Thankfully, she chose the latter. She chose to use her time to inspire and touch the lives of millions through letters and the warmth of her heart.

I cannot stress enough how much I loved this story. I cried at her low points, laughed at her wit and even cheered for her when she decided to turn her life round. This heart-warming, inspirational, witty and uplifting story of one woman's journey to recovery is absolutely beautiful.. and shows that even in your darkest moments you can still provide others the light to carry on. 

It is stories and people like this that remind how beautiful humanity can be. If we can just take one moment to look away from all the horror and violence going on in the world and read a story like Jodi's.. it reminds you why love and kindness are the strongest things a person can have.

I really hope you go and check this book out and love it as much as I do!

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x