Friday 13 June 2014

Tom Hiddleston To Sing And Play Country Icon Hank Williams!


Tom Hiddleston

33 year old British Actor, Tom Hiddleston is set to play Country and Western legend Hank Williams in a film titled I Saw The Light which will be directed by Marc Abraham. It has come together as a co-production between RatPac Entertainment, Bron Studios and Creative Wealth Media Finance and these will all fund the film. It'll tell of Williams's rapid rise to fame which eventually took a toll on his personal life resulting in his death at 29 from heart failure.

The script is based on the Colin Escott biography of Hank Williams. Aaron L. Gilbert, Brett Ratner, G. Marq Rosell and James Packer will all be producing the film itself. It is said that production is due to begin in Louisiana in October of this year. Tom Hiddleston will actually sing some of Hank Williams' songs like Your Cheatin' Heart, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry and Hey Good Lookin' after the film's backers sealed a deal with Sony ATV to secure rights to Williams' music catalogue.

Tom Hiddleston is one of my favourite actors so this is very exciting news. He has starred in varied projects such as Midnight in Paris and War Horse and of course, his break-through role as Thor's adopted brother Loki in the two Thor films and The Avengers which are just some of my much-loved films. At the moment, he is shooting Crimson Peak which is directed by the incredible Guillermo del Toro.

I am so excited that Tom is getting the recognition he so well deserves! His acting is sublime and I love everything he's in. I cannot wait to see these films and hope to hear more for him in the future. Hopefully more films as Loki in the Marvel franchise Thor, but we'll see. 

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x