Monday 21 July 2014

R.I.P James Garner.

"When I started working, I didn't have a clue what I was doing, in that I was just wandering around, hoping I could succeed.
Then after I got a little under my belt, it took me about 25 years to feel like I knew what I was doing."

Another great has gone.

James Garner, the modest and witty actor, has died at the age of 86 after enjoying a long life of success on both small and big screens. Sadly, according to the police, he died of natural causes.

If you don't know of Garner, he was famous for starring in the hit TV series Maverick in the late 1950s and The Rockford Files in the 1970s. He was a very determined, self-contained man and didn't hesitate to challenge both studios on Maverick and Rockford after he felt he was being mistreated. He won the two cases he made against them.

He has starred in classics such as; Sayonara (1957), The Great Escape (1963), Victor/Victoria (1982), Space Cowboys (2000), The Notebook (2004) and many, many others. He has a long list of nominations from the Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards and the Oscars. He also received a Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award back in 2004.

Like most young people my age, I only knew of James Garner from the poignant The Notebook where he played the older version of Ryan Gosling's character Noah where he had to help Gena Rowlands' Allie remember her past by telling her their very own love story. I also knew of Garner in 8 Simple Rules, the television series, when he joined the cast after the death of John Ritter. I knew then how versatile he was.. he could play very witty characters and he could also be emotional and moving in others.

I am very sad another exceptional actor has died.
He was very humble and quiet within himself in life but on the screen he shined.

He will be missed very much.



R.I.P James Garner.

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

4 comments:

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x