Wednesday 20 August 2014

Makeup Review: Maybelline New York SuperStay 10Hr Tint Gloss.

This is a product I have been using for a fairly long time and it is called Maybelline New York SuperStay 10 Hour Tint Gloss. It is described to have a lasting colour for, well, 10 hours and it has a gorgeous, vibrant sheen to it. They say their new applicator allows the colour to glide on smoothly and covers all areas that it's applied to.

Now normally I never really believe products that are advertised saying they last for a certain period of time as a lot of brands seem to say the same, that isn't what usually makes me buy a product. With this item, Maybelline claim that it lasts up to 10 hours straight and still looks good on you at the end of a night out etc. Technically, for a lip product, that is not something I 100% believe and from my time using it, it is definitely not 10 hours.

Maybelline's SuperStay 10 Hour Tint Gloss comes in ten shades in the USA but here, in the UK, there are only five shades. I don't know why this is but nonetheless there is a lovely range despite them all being quite alike. There is a shade for every occasion and for every person.


Although it says it's a lip tint, it applies just like lip gloss and the applicator (pictured above) is quite a unique one. I've never used one quite like it and its shape is that of an oval kind and it is fairly fluffy. The shape of it is quite useful as you can apply the lip tint while outlining your lips expertly so you don't go outside any of the lines.



The only two I have (top picture) at the moment are Endless Ruby in 540 (right) and in 640 (left). I picked these ones especially because I felt they complimented my skin tone perfectly. I usually pick quite bold colours especially in red as I don't feel, with my pale skin, nude/light colours work for me very well. As you can see from the bottom picture how, despite being the same name, how different and diverse the shades can be. 

The left one - 640, when applied, is a very daring red and with a few layers on, it totally works with any look you're going for. It looks quite light in the photo but that is only because that is one layer, apply more and you'll get a more darker red. The right one 540, is a more of a purple shade rather a 'ruby' shade. I only use this with certain outfits as it can clash easily if I'm not careful. Again, a few layers applied and it is bold and a strong colour; perfect for a night out on the town. They don't smudge when dry on your lips but when wet they can stain other things easily, such as clothes and your fingers etc. But this is a lot better than normal lip gloss and regular lipstick and leaves you with an almost matte finish.

The only criticisms I have are that it is definitely not a 10 hour lasting tint. I find it comes off easily when you're eating and sometimes when you're drinking (but if you use a straw with your drink, it stays on!). You do have to do a few top ups throughout the day or night but these moments are stretched out longer, more than a regular lip gloss which would need to be re-applied every hour which we girls know can get very, very frustrating. I would reckon it would perhaps be about every 3-4 hours that you'd need to re-do it which is great by a girl's standards on a night out!

Another criticism for this would be the packaging. It is quite boring and not at all eye-catching. I literally only found this product when I was looking for something else and just decided to give it a chance as I was desperate for something new. It is just white plastic which gets dirty easily and the stickers on the lid come off easily as both of mine have. You can see by my picture that the logo and name of the product are quite faded and this is because I have had these products for quite a long time now so they do get damaged easily. But I suppose that doesn't matter as long as you're happy with the product like I am.

     Overall this is a great lip product which really pays off after applying a few layers of it and gives you that bold look you're going for. They're not really glossy at all and don't leave your lips feeling sticky like some can do. Also, a bonus, your hair doesn't get stuck in it on a windy day! When it dries, it is actually bone dry and has a lovely matte finish as aforementioned.

You can buy it cheap from Amazon for £3.49!
Or from Boots for £6.99!

So I hope you like the product too and my review of it.

Have you tried it before? What did you think of it?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments.

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

12 comments:

  1. Nice review! I've been meaning to try something from the Maybelline SuperStay range for a while, I'm tempted to try one of these lipglosses :)

    http://anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah I would definitely recommend trying this for your first product from maybelline superstay, hope you like it as much as I did!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog through your comment on Zoella's post! Besides the lovely post I really like the look of your blog. Can't wait to see what else you post! If you had a moment could you check out my blog?
    http://simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com/
    I also just followed you on Bloglovin' if you could do the same!
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey fellow Zoella fan haha. Thankyou very much, Yeah I'll check you out! Thanks for reading my blog.

      Delete
  3. so very nice
    You have amazing blo! i like it
    http://zyciowa-salatka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I hope it launched in India soon!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, it's a great little product to add to your collection. :) x

      Delete
  5. love the look of these!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am not sure if i've tried these, but i've seen them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try them in the future, always worth a go :) thanks for reading!

      Delete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x