Monday 24 November 2014

AMAs 2014: Red Carpet Review.

So the celebrities were out for another star-studded music event and this time in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre for the American Music Awards 2014. The occasion was surprisingly hosted by rapper Pitbull and it was a spectacular show with performances by Taylor Swift, One Direction, Lorde, Fergie, Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Jessie J, Lil' Wayne, Selena Gomez, Sam Smith, Wyclef Jeans, MAGIC!, 5 Seconds of Summer, Mary J. Blige, Garth Brooks, Charli XCX and Imagine Dragons.

However I'm reviewing the amazing dresses and suits from the red carpet beforehand. There was plenty of leg showing and stunning, sparkling dresses; there was literally so many that I loved but I managed to narrow it down to these:

 Hair slicked back, Jennifer Lopez shows that age doesn't mean you can't still look fantastic and she does as she shows off her toned abs this pale pink Reem Acra gown paired with Christian Louboutin shoes. She adds a bit of sparkle with Norman Silverman Diamonds earrings in her ears and rocks a gorgeous smoky eye.

 This is without a doubt one of my definite favourites from the night. Rita Ora picks a bright and beautiful yellow Zac Posen gown which she admits she picked at the last minute. I'm not entirely a fan of how her hair is done, it isn't as immaculate as it could be and it ruins the look a little. However, she finishes it all off with a lovely, vintage Swarovski clutch.

Another 'wow' from me as Charli XCX opts for a sultry look with a draped fit and off-the-shoulder cut dress designed by Vivienne Westwood. With a bold red lip, she looks like a complete goddess.

Kira Kazanstev changed my opinion on crop tops as she pulled off this crop top and ball skirt combo beautifully. Miss America chose a perfect colour for this event and her earrings, cuff and bangle by Erickson Beamon completed the look.

In true Angelina Jolie fashion, Fergie shows off her legs in a striking, black Halston dress and decorates her hands with Loree Rodkin jewels. Her strappy Versus heels makes the outfit all the more better.

I simply cannot get over how beautiful Kate Beckinsale looked in this low-cut, figure hugging Kaufmanfranco gown. Her Bulgari snake necklace is one of the best pieces of jewellery I have ever seen in my entire life and I want it! The Underworld actress finishes it all off with a Lee Savage clutch, Brian Atwood shoes and looks like utter perfection.

 Wearing a Halston Heritage dress, Dolce & Gabbana shoes with Orka Mesic jewellery, Jordin Sparks definitely shows Jason Derulo what he's missing! This rose gold sequin gown with a plunging neckline is just the right thing for Jordin Sparks and her ombre locks come down in lovely, bouncing curls that just sit beneath her shoulders.


Unfortunately not many men were favourites and I can't even begin to describe was Ansel Elgort was wearing, it was a show.
 
But here's my three favourites from the boys this year:

To be honest Ne-Yo's jacket is screaming at me not to like it but somehow I really appreciate this all blue ensemble. Wearing all Anthony Franco with Prada shoes, Ne-Yo keeps it cool and looking very dapper.

I've never really been a fan of One Direction but I've never hated them either. I thought the boys looked pretty good last night with their black ensembles. I don't like Zayn or Harry's hair but I can push past this and not only that, it was pretty much their night as they scooped up 3 awards for Artist of the Year, Favourite Pop/Rock Album and Favourite Band, Duo or Group in the Pop and Rock category. Well done, boys.

Lastly, Sam Smith kept it simple yet smart in a cropped black pant-suit and cobalt blue button-down short with patent leather shoes. The Stay With Me singer won Favourite Pop/Rock Male Artist as well as performing. Go, Sam!

Photos: source | source | source | source

So those were my favourites of the night!
Who were your favourites of the night? Did you enjoy the show?

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

2 comments:

  1. Great post :) I love Kira's skirt and cropped shirt!
    I tagged you in my latest post - The Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award!
    http://abitgraceful.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html
    xx Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah she really rocks that outfit. x

      Delete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x