Saturday 8 August 2015

Film Review: Ted 2 (2015).

Hello everyone. I have another film review for you today and it is Ted 2! I know I have done a few film reviews recently but I have a few other different posts coming up soon. But first, let's get into this review.

The Background
Ted 2 is the sequel to the 2012 first Ted. It is a comedy directed and written by Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy and American Dad. He also reprises his role as Ted as does Mark Wahlberg as Ted's best friend John Bennett. This time life has changed for the thunder buddies as Ted gets married to Tammi-Lynn (Jessica Barth) and John Bennett is newly divorced. However, problems arise when Ted ends up fighting for his civil rights when he attempts to adopt a child as authorities rule that he is property rather than a person. Angry, he seeks the help of a young lawyer (Amanda Seyfried) and a civil-rights attorney (Morgan Freeman) to get justice. But because he is now deemed to be property, he is once again at risk from his stalker Donny (Giovanni Ribisi).

My Thoughts
I personally enjoyed the film a lot and found it really, really funny. I will admit some of the jokes were similar to those in the first one - drugs, sex, gay and racist jokes. In some parts, it is definitely ruder and funnier than the first one. If you're easily offended by dark comedy, I certainly wouldn't recommend this film because there are definitely moments where even I squirmed a bit in my seat watching. There have been some criticisms about how racist, homophobic and transphobic Seth MacFarlane is considering some of the jokes that run continuously throughout the film. I wouldn't consider this to be true as Seth is an advocate for gay rights in real life and it is just a comedy film at the end of the day.

I did find the film tended to drag on a bit sometimes, the storyline plodded along a little bit in some places. It also felt a little similar to the first film with Amanda Seyfried replacing Mila Kunis as John Bennett's love interest because I think this was the time Mila went off and had a child. Also Donny (Ribisi) was back as Ted's stalker which he was in the first film so a few things felt a bit stale. But other than that, it's worth a watch and very funny.

Here's the trailer

Have you seen it? What did you think of it?
Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

6 comments:

  1. To be honest, I didn't get into the 1st film much. I found Ted's character so annoying. lol I will probably leave to see it only when it comes to TV. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why you would haha. Thanks for reading though x

      Delete
  2. I liked the first one but was a bit iffy about seeing the second one. Sequels always tend to be so underwhelming! Don't think I'll pay to see it after reading your review, but I'll look forward to watching it in a few years ocne it's shown on tv haha :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair enough! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen the previous one but wanna try the series!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x