Saturday 18 June 2016

Skin Product Review: The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lipcare Stick.

Hi everyone, hope you're well and enjoying the weekend! I have another little review for you today and it is something a little new from The Body Shop.

This is the cocoa butter lipcare stick by The Body Shop and it's pretty small. But let me tell you all of the ingredients inside it before I tell you my own thoughts about it

What's in it?
Hydrogenated Coconut Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Emulsifier/Emollient), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax) (Stabiliser), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Aroma (Flavour), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Chamomilla recutita (Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract) (Natural Additive), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate (Flavour), Calendula officinalis (Calendula Extract) (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

My Thoughts
This lip balm is easily one of the best products I've ever used. It is a very easy product to use and does not leave any mess and literally does the job. I don't suffer with dry lips that much really, maybe more so in the winter time but I never realised how much better my lips could be if I just took a bit of care with them.

I've been using this for a good few weeks now, I apply it in the day if I'm not going anywhere and I apply it before I go to bed so it can work overnight. My lips are completely clear of any dead skin and they're the softest they've been in years. What's more, it's all natural ingredients instead of stuff you get in Vaseline which isn't actually that good for your lips apparently. I would highly recommend this over any Vaseline lip balm for sure.

My only criticism is the size of it. It's £4.00 and it is pretty small for the price as it could easily be 1 or 2 quid instead. But I suppose for all natural ingredients and amazing results, it's well worth it. It's easy to travel with as well so definitely take it with you especially if you're going on holiday.


Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty handy! I do find TBS expensive too but I guess it's because of all the organic goodness and fair trade. xo

    Jadirah Sarmad at Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they can be but I think it's worth it if you get great results like this :) x

      Delete
  2. I need this!! I'm always biting my lips so I constantly need chapstick to remind me not to, and this looks extra moisturizing!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely should try this out, moisturises dry lips in no time! x

      Delete
  3. This is an awesome product but it's hardly available in body shop here. Dunno why people here are obsessed with the fruity ones
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's surprising! I wouldn't recommend the fruity ones, too sweet and fruity for me, this is more suitable I find x

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the smell of these, but I do agree about the price.

    Alice // the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, thanks for agreeing! I know it's all natural but I do think the price is too much for such a small thing. But I do love it x

      Delete
  5. I personally love this lip balm and it's one of my favourites that I always carry around with me! It's good enough to eat and smells ever so good! xx


    Jenny | Krystel Couture + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try some Body Shop products as I read a lot about them :) have a wonderful day !! xx

    _Aishettina_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing tbh! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  7. I agree you want more for you money, but the product itself is beaut!

    Lauren x | http://huggled.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My only criticism is the size of it. It's £4.00 and it is pretty small for the price as it could easily be 1 or 2 quid instead. But I suppose for all natural ingredients and amazing results, it's well worth it. It's easy to travel with as well so definitely take it with you especially if you're going on holiday. stitching unit , ladies tailor , custom tailor , tailor near me , tailor shop , Online Tailor Shop , tailoring company , custom tailoring services , stitching unit , best online tailor

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x